Lies and deception (22 Jul, 2021)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Lies and deception (22 Jul, 2021)

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:59 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2021/0722.shtml

New evidence makes it pretty clear that the Gatwick incident was a giant deception on the part of authorities.

Was it gross incompetence or was it something created to cover up a ransomware or other kind of hack of the IT systems at a very sensitive time -- while the airport was in the process of being sold to a new owner?

Whatever the real reason, this incident has been used around the world to villify drones and their owners and justify harsh new regulation and restrictions on both drones and model aircraft -- neither of which were actually involved at all!

And isn't it remarkable the way the media has remained so silent, even now the evidence is out there. After all, they were complicit in this deception by publishing stories that were backed by absolutely zero evidence -- except the reports of a few unnamed "credible witnesses". And, after reading the Glasgow story, it's clear that even the police do not make "credible witnesses" when it comes to drones.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Lies and deception (22 Jul, 2021)

Postby Kiwiiano » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:21 am

Glasgow or Gatwick? A pox on spell checkers!
~ Kiwiiano
“I'm not a total idiot. Parts of me are missing!”
Kiwiiano

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:26 am

Gatwick was the original "drone incident" back in 2018, Glasgow was the one last week where a police officer mistook Jupiter for a drone -- thus challenging the theory that police officers are "credible witnesses" when it comes to drone sightings. Follow the link in the column :-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:07 am

Bruce wrote:Rules justified by deception or incompetence are NEVER going to be good rules -- but do you think they'll care?

You really don't need an answer to that question, do you?

Rhetorical and all . . .
Perry

Postby GOM-RH » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:26 pm

One has to wonder what the police officer was afraid of? Moreover, if the errant planet was seen as a threat, are the citizens of Glasgow, supporters of a professional police force for 175 years, feeling secure knowing that their crime prevention office's first response was to rush back to the station?
GOM-RH

Postby phill » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:29 pm

GOM-RH wrote: their crime prevention office's first response was to rush back to the station?

c'mon
be fair
we should be honoured he was out of it in the first place
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:24 pm

Some very interesting developments in the Gatwick issue.

Since the new information about infrastructure failure has come to light, it looks as if much higher powers have gotten involved and may have tried to squash those investigating the facts.

After I passed this information on to several others who have been extremely active in hunting out the facts by way of Official Information Act requests in the UK have gone suddenly quiet and now refuse to talk about Gatwick at all.

Previously these folk were feeding the media with information and promoting discussion and exposure of the events surrounding Gatwick. Now they have fallen deathly silent and will not be drawn on what happened or even venture an opinion.

Based on my own experiences with "government intelligence agencies" (there's an oxymoron) I'm picking that they've been hushed from a very high place.

I know these guys and they wouldn't suddenly go hush on this and refuse to even discuss the reasons why they've gone hush without some serious intervention by those with the power and authority to demand compliance "or else".

This is suddenly getting *very* serious and further points to a massive cover-up of even greater magnitude than was first imagined.

Shall I continue chasing down the facts and "inconvenient" evidence?

BTW: If I suddenly go silent on the matter -- you'll know why!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to Today's column