The effects of vaccination are waning (3 Sep, 2021)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

The effects of vaccination are waning (3 Sep, 2021)

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:27 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2021/0903.shtml

Do you have to be cruel to be kind? Should the MIQ escapee who risked the lives of others by returning to his home and family despite being CV19-positve be sent a fruit basket and book voucher for his troubles... or is it time we started locking up those who think it's okay to place others at risk in this way?

Were you (like myself) in the first group of the public to be vaccinated with doses that were just 3 weeks apart? Are you concerned that your protection will be waning by Christmas and that, if Israel's experience is anything to go by, you could be vulnerable to catching CV19 without a booster?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: The effects of vaccination are waning (3 Sep, 2021)

Postby Perry » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:20 am

Bruce wrote:The guy has tested positive for CV19 so his actions really should be dealt with for what it was... reckless endangerment. Rather than just give him a slap on the wrist so as to "be kind", he should have his arse kicked straight into prison for at least six months.
Can you imagine the fun of trying to isolate such a miscreant in a prison?

Bruce wrote:Or am I wrong? Perhaps Jacinda will send him a fruit basket and a book voucher instead.
Kill-with-kindness-Covid-Queen-Cindy is very selective with her largesse.

This whole debacle is a godsend, given all the racist, authoritarian Apartheid stuff like He PuaPua and Three Waters grabs, going on in the background. Best diversion they could have wished for.
Perry

Postby hagfish » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:55 am

The Pfizer vaccine does seem to reduce the severity of Covid symptoms. Vaccinated people are less likely to require hospital treatment, so that's something, at least. It's looking like we'll all need biannual boosters to try and keep ahead of it. Oh well. Might as well get used to it for when we start seeing more mosquito-borne viruses on these shores.

As for 'opening up' and 'learning to live with it' - I'm in no hurry. "We must all jump off this cliff - don't worry - the pile of bodies will cushion your fall!" Yes, but do we really have to? Or does a certain class just want cheap labour and a shopping trip to Melbs?

The Covid Abscondee sounds more like a mental health issue than anything. He just needs a nice, soft room; and a comfy jacket with really long arms. And a nice dose of Special K(indness).
hagfish

Postby granada29 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:07 am

hagfish wrote:The Covid Abscondee sounds more like a mental health issue than anything. He just needs a nice, soft room; and a comfy jacket with really long arms. And a nice dose of Special K(indness).

I agree that it's most likely a psychological issue for that absconder. There seems to be not a whole lot of difference between being forced into MIQ and being thrown into jail. No matter that the conditions may be better - people are just in a nicer prison and there will always be some who react to that. It's another example of the failure of the MIQ with little thought seemingly having been put into the effect it will have on the wider spectrum of the incarcerated. These are not people returning from overseas holidays or the like - just folks who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
granada29

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:51 am

From the mouth of Jacinda in regards to the absconder...
I'm sure the person will be being well looked after

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/450 ... nvestigate

I hope the taxpayer isn't footing the bill for that fruit-basket!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:01 am

i saw a quick flash of something he wrote
seems he is in the conspiracy corner
and
he was only baled to his family in the miq facility
he will likely face the consequences of his inspired thinking at a latter date .. no doubt modified by whatever actions he took while being free in hiding ( only a really dumb fuk thinks its better to stay in a small outhouse than a hotel room ) apparently he was picked up by one of his mates .. who will no doubt also be answering some questions .. and facing the possibility he has booked himself and family into an miq facility

and yayy
mu is the next cab off the rank
not enough known about it for sure yet .. but trend of info seems to be going to the " it's a vaxx tolerant mutation "
so its starting to look like a booster within the next 6 months .. and a mod to the vaccines to cover more mutations

woohoo 5g inbuilt for free .. so cool
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby paulw » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:53 pm

aardvark_admin wrote:From the mouth of Jacinda in regards to the absconder...
I'm sure the person will be being well looked after

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/450 ... nvestigate

I hope the taxpayer isn't footing the bill for that fruit-basket!

I bet they are. You know "Be kind"
paulw

Postby gregmcc » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:47 pm

I think you may be missing the point in the effectiveness of the vaccine, it does not stop you getting CV19 it simply gets the immune system in a ready state to fight the CV19 when/if you get it, this greatly reduces the effects of CV19. Yes it won't help you with the delta variant, but like the flu shot people get every year, the vaccine has to be tailored to a particular variant to be effective, I would suggest that there is already been a vaccination been worked on for the delta variant.
gregmcc

Postby greven » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:13 pm

Perhaps the new normal will be the mandatory wearing of facemasks while in public, and thermal scans at the school gate?
It is scary that vaccinated individuals can still be infected with & spread delta, but thanks to the vaccine, the infection is relatively mild & the contagious period is short.
greven

Return to Today's column