Bullshit and bullying (10 Jun, 2022)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Bullshit and bullying (10 Jun, 2022)

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:23 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2022/0610.shtml

Is anyone surprised?

I guess it's time to put my documentary-making skills and my huge social-media reach to the test.

Let's see how many skeletons I can pluck out of council closets.

They had a very easy way to solve "the tower" issue and they chose not to do so. I've had enough of this buffoonery so voters in this year's local body elections around here will get to see for themselves exactly why their rates keep climbing and how much of their valuable rates money gets blown on ridiculous projects and unnecessary expenses.

It would have been so much easier just to get this mess off their desks by selling me the tower for a dollar -- far more than (by their own account) it is worth.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Bullshit and bullying (10 Jun, 2022)

Postby joeseph » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:59 pm

saddened, but not really surprised Bruce. suspect that a number of councilors think that they are not accountable for their actions.

I think they should be personally liable...
joeseph

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:10 pm

joeseph wrote:I think they should be personally liable...

Unfortunately they are indemnified such that ratepayers pick up the tabs for their misdeeds and misjudgements.

For example, here in the South Waikato, the SWDC breached a property sale contract by gazumping the contracted purchaser
Stuff story.

Now the disadvantaged purchaser has reportedly taken civil court action against councilors for damages. No doubt ratepayers will be picking up the legal costs and covering any judgement found against them by the court.

Just one of the many ways that this council has squandered and continues to squander ratepayers' money. All will be revealed just before the elections.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby joeseph » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:58 pm

aardvark_admin wrote:Unfortunately they are indemnified such that ratepayers pick up the tabs for their misdeeds and misjudgements.

For example, here in the South Waikato, the SWDC breached a property sale contract by gazumping the contracted purchaser
Stuff story.

Now the disadvantaged purchaser has reportedly taken civil court action against councilors for damages. No doubt ratepayers will be picking up the legal costs and covering any judgement found against them by the court.

Just one of the many ways that this council has squandered and continues to squander ratepayers' money. All will be revealed just before the elections.

I hadn't seen that one, "conspiracy to defraud" eh? so the police will be vigorously investigating & prosecuting the guilty parties :lol:
joeseph

Postby greven » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:32 pm

aardvark_admin wrote:For example, here in the South Waikato, the SWDC breached a property sale contract by gazumping the contracted purchaser
Stuff story.

I'm surprised the iwi didn't do their due diligence & also didn't have an out in the contract - I thought large organisations always left themselves an out in every contract?
greven

Postby Kiwiiano » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:29 pm

Is the video going to TVOne or YT? Or both?
~ Kiwiiano
“I've no idea of how to act my age, I’ve never been this old before!”
Kiwiiano

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:19 pm

Kiwiiano wrote:Is the video going to TVOne or YT? Or both?

I've been gobsmacked with the amount of interest expressed from all over the country and the number of people facing similar issues with their local councils who have checked-in to see if they can offer any help.

This seems to be a nationwide pandemic of idiocy at a local government level. I'm truly shocked!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby paulw » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:05 pm

aardvark_admin wrote:
Kiwiiano wrote:Is the video going to TVOne or YT? Or both?

I've been gobsmacked with the amount of interest expressed from all over the country and the number of people facing similar issues with their local councils who have checked-in to see if they can offer any help.

This seems to be a nationwide pandemic of idiocy at a local government level. I'm truly shocked!

They catch it from central government. It's like a pandemic.
paulw

Postby aardvark_admin » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:10 pm

Well my video has now had almost 10,000 views with hundreds of comments being left, all highly critical of the council.

These people (the council) clearly have no regard for the reputation of themselves or the district they serve. I made further approaches to them in an effort to get them to see sense -- but they simply double-down, regardless of the harm they're causing.

I have a feeling that, in their ignorance, they believe that the half a million dollars they're throwing at this new race-based rebranding will undo all the damage they're currently inflicting.

Thank God we have elections in a few short months' time.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to Today's column