Do we have an Alzheimer's vaccine already? (28 Jun, 2022)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Do we have an Alzheimer's vaccine already? (28 Jun, 2022)

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:37 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2022/0628.shtml

Who knew that a flu shot could provide such a significant measure of protection against Alzheimer's disease?

With this new study in mind, will you be more inclined to get your annual flu vaccination?

I wait with bated breath to see whether the CV19 vaccine has a similar protective effect and have a feeling it might -- given the nasty outcome that long-covid produces on the brain's function.

Do you already get an annual flu shot or do you not bother?

Might this study change your mind as to the worth of such jabs?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Do we have an Alzheimer's vaccine already? (28 Jun, 2022

Postby GSVNoFixedAbode » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:31 am

Dang, that's a win! I'm fortunate enough to get a yearly flu jab at work: economic to have staff immunised. Getting the flu jab doesn't seem to affect me thankfully, but the C19 shots & booster knock me down for a full 24 hours. I'll still look at getting a 2nd booster at some stage soon, but will need to plan it carefully.
GSVNoFixedAbode

Postby hagfish » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:02 am

How interesting. I wonder if they'll find some causal link, or if it's simply a case of "people who seek vaccinations also do [other healthy things] that stave off Alzheimer's". It's a bit like the 'glasses-wearers get less Covid' study. Maybe glasses shield the eyes a bit, or maybe we're just smarter than the average bear :lol:

Got my flu shot. For all the side-effects I got it might as well have been saline. It would be pretty embarrassing to get flu in this day and age - almost as bad as getting Covid.
hagfish

Postby granada29 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:04 am

The 40% figure being bandied about is somewhat misleading. The study showed:
https://www.studyfinds.org/flu-shots-lo ... lzheimers/
Then, over the next four years, roughly 5.1 percent of the vaccinated participants went on to develop Alzheimer’s. In comparison, 8.5 percent of the non-vaccinated patients also developed Alzheimer’s.

I think the study shows a step in the right direction but there is clearly an enormous amount of work still to be done. Comparison of small percentages often leads to dramatic headlines.
granada29

Postby Perry » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:14 pm

Bruce wrote:Apparently flu is quite common this year and the number of hospital admissions due to the influenza virus is already outpacing Covid-19 in terms of hospital admissions.
Where did that bit of info come from?

Bruce wrote:Then there's the significantly increased risk of serious illness if you end up contracting influenza and CV19 simultaneously!
Likewise: where did that bit of info come from? Influenza and SARS-CoV2 viruses are variations of a disease. Especially given this . . .
Bruce wrote:Given the similarities between CV19 and influenza . . .

Bruce wrote:Perhaps, for once, we have a rather good "unintended consequence" related to our health.
Well, first off, I'd need to know if the flu vaccine is a vaccine, rather than a GMO construct like the Fizzer inoculant.

Bruce wrote:Do you get the flu shot each year or do you just take your chances?
Neither.

Bruce wrote:In light of this study, might you be even more inclined to have an annual flu shot now?
No.
Perry

Postby Kiwiiano » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:25 pm

Perry wrote:
Bruce wrote:Perhaps, for once, we have a rather good "unintended consequence" related to our health.
Well, first off, I'd need to know if the flu vaccine is a vaccine, rather than a GMO construct like the Fizzer inoculant.

Aren’t you being a bit picky? I’m happy to accept anything that will help protect me from a disease that may result in anything from a mild sniffles to months of crippling pain &/or debilitating lethargy. Who cares how it was made any more than getting paranoid about “what are those 11 different herbs & spices in chucky chicken?”

On a parallel subject, there was an article published today(?) in the Guardian musing on the possibility of a link between Parkinson’s and disorders of the mitochondria, that might also tie into a variety of other autoimmune diseases. Clearly it would be ‘a good thing’ to be throwing more money at medical research.
~ Kiwiiano
“I've no idea of how to act my age, I’ve never been this old before!”
Kiwiiano

Postby hagfish » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:19 am

Perry wrote:
Bruce wrote:Apparently flu is quite common this year and the number of hospital admissions due to the influenza virus is already outpacing Covid-19 in terms of hospital admissions.
Where did that bit of info come from?

I believe it's from some guy who podcasts from his trailer in the desert just outside of Phoenix. He might have a neck-beard full of Cheeto-dust, but he's got the inside info, duude!1!
hagfish

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:22 am

Look at the graph in that story -- it shows Influenza cases exceeding CV19 cases for admissions.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby roygbiv » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:43 am

Covid jabs, flu jabs, I take them all now. I used to just rely on the water of life - single malt variety - which I still take. And for my sins, I did get COVID but did not affect me nearly as badly as some.
I listen to the experts and make an informed decision. If taking them lessens the chance of me getting AD or Parkinsons later on then that is another benefit.

But, unusually with my beer glass half empty, are there long term after affects of these which are detrimental to my health that we do not know of yet.
roygbiv

Postby Perry » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:33 am

Perry wrote:Well, first off, I'd need to know if the flu vaccine is a vaccine, rather than a GMO construct like the Fizzer inoculant.
Kiwiiano wrote:Aren’t you being a bit picky? I’m happy to accept anything that will help protect me from a disease that may result in anything from a mild sniffles to months of crippling pain &/or debilitating lethargy. Who cares how it was made any more than getting paranoid about “what are those 11 different herbs & spices in chucky chicken?”

I don't eat - never have - Krummy Fried Crap - so can't comment on that.

But allowing GMOs to be injected in to me is a no-no. Or ingesting them.

And when you say "protect me," I presume you're not reading much about what going on with the consequential disasters of these devilish concoctions for so many people?

Skip the conspiracy theories and see how many gummints are shelling out for post-jab consequences. UK, Thailand, Australia, USA (I think) and so on. Supposedly NZ ACC is overwhelmed, too. Not that the sole source of truth would let on about that, of course.

Trust us - it's completely safe. And effective.

Indemnities? What Indemnities?

Perry

Next

Return to Today's column