How stupid is this?

Discussions about anything in the news

How stupid is this?

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:05 am

Read this report from TVNZ: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zea ... nail-stone

And consider this quote from that story:

DOC Tongariro Operations Manager Connie Norgate said there are good reasons why drones aren't allowed in that area...

"With helicopter operations taking place almost daily, drone use puts these aircraft and their pilots at risk," Mr Norgate said.

"This incident also shows how they disturb other people’s privacy and quiet enjoyment of the outdoors."

Okay... so it's unacceptable to have a tiny drone making a barely audible buzzing noise because that will "disturb" people's "quiet enjoyment of the outdoors" -- but it's fine to have huge manned helicopters thrashing the air with their blades and assaulting people's ears with their noisy engines?

Then there's this quote:

"We regularly hear about near misses between drones and other aircraft around the country, and we remind drone owners that they are putting other people’s lives at risk when flying without a permit."

"regularly" does not imply "frequently". Once a year is regularly but hardly frequently -- although the implication is obvious here.

So many agendas, so much ignorance, so much bullshirt!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: How stupid is this?

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:15 am

I made a video about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSiZ4mnbgv8

No surprise to learn that YouTube demonetized it within minutes.... because it criticises the mainstream media perhaps?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:50 am

We regularly hear about near misses between drones and other aircraft around the country,

we also regularly hear about :

bigfoot
ufo's
tigers in canterbury
moose in fiordland
politicians with integrity

so im not seeing his point
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:53 pm

Update: I have laid a complaint with CAA and suggested that if they do not prosecute the agregious breach of the Civil Aviation Act by the hikers who downed a drone with stones, then they are sending the message that compliance with the law is "optional" and that "being annoyed" is justification for doing so.

Let's see how that works out.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to General News Discussion