predictions for the changes covid 19 will cause

Discussions about anything in the news

predictions for the changes covid 19 will cause

Postby phill » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:02 pm

apart from the obvious of tanking almost all share markets
what else will go down in price and what will go up

houses may well stagnate or fall in price as the market gets an injection from older singles and couples who own 1 or more houses pass away and they come on the market in number

camper van / mobile homes have a large ownership of the older retired population .. so they also may come onto the market in numbers

young families will be living hand to mouth with the amount of time off work they may have to take .. so they wont be hanging onto anything handed down they dont need .. see above

it looks like its almost all post 55 that die from it .. so that means less money paid for pensions, age care and health which may allow more for free education ( or an increase in public service and politicians pay packets )

more family violence as fewer grandparents around to look after and protect their grandchildren
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Re: predictions for the changes covid 19 will cause

Postby Malcolm » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:27 am

More people will realise they can work from home. More companies will allow it to continue after the emergency has passed.
Malcolm

Postby pctek » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:19 pm

More people can't work from home.
Retailers, manufacturing, airlines, tourism companies, most places actually.
Mass going broke, mass redundancy.
Already started.............
pctek

Postby pctek » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:21 pm

phill wrote:
camper van / mobile homes have a large ownership of the older retired population .. so they also may come onto the market in numbers

In fact there is already a pileup happening, not old people, the campervan tourists, dumping them as the leave cause they can't sell them on.
pctek

Postby phill » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:45 pm

just looking through TM looks like some of the camper van hire places are downsizing their inventory as well
i guess camper van tourists are going to be last to return .. so not a bad move ( the well off probable first returnees dont use em and the backpackers aka probable second returnees cant afford em )
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Return to General News Discussion