Why isn't this guy being charged?

Discussions about anything in the news

Why isn't this guy being charged?

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:56 am

From this story...

"Hitchcock has been busy this last week renovating his shop front, so the business can operate safely under alert level 3"

Seriously? We're under a level 4 lockdown which probibits non-essential travel and activities -- yet this guy has been renovating his shop front in anticipation of a relaxation of the rules? Why isn't he being charged for violating L4 lockdown rules?

His business is a takeaway shop, deemed "non-essential" under L4 so what makes him so special?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Why isn't this guy being charged?

Postby pctek » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:08 pm

Hitchcock has been busy this last week renovating his shop front, so the business can operate safely under alert level 3.

"There will be absolutely no contact with staff, with anybody. They'll pay by paywave, we've installed paywave . . . we have now developed online ordering, so they can order and pay online as well."
pctek

Postby phill » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:06 pm

i think he means leaving home and going to his workplace to do non essential work .. vis addition and alterations for lvl 3 workplace compliance

i would add
its foxton
a lot of the shops there have accommodation above the premises ,, if he was living above the shop then its within his sphere of acceptable places to be
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby Malcolm » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:14 am

They don't really get in to details about what kind of renovations he did. I doubt he would have had significant building materials on hand so it was probably not very substantial work. Getting paywave enabled for the CC terminal can be as easy as calling the 0800 number, paying the fees and the terminal receiving a remote update.
Malcolm

Return to General News Discussion