I've been banned

Discussions about anything in the news

I've been banned

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:32 am

LOL... I spoke at the pre-meeting public forum at our council this morning.

I spoke to the ongoing safety issues that have seen an ongoing series of incidents during recent years, the latest of which was highlighted in the media this week:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/new ... eld-safety

I also mentioned the growing number of people that are contacting *me* for help after having failed to get any response from the council in respect to setting up new businesses at the airfield or other airfield-related activities.

As usual, I accompany all my presentations with a detailed and accurate set of facts, email trails and evidence so that nothing I say can be disputed as being anything other than 100% correct and true.

In light of this latest media report, and the fact that I have evidence that the CAA directed the SWDC to remedy their non-compliant placement of white crosses on the runway over 12 months ago (that demand being totally ignored by the SWDC), I figured that *surely* they must now take action to address the issues surrounding the safe operation and business potential of the fracility.

Well they did take action!

The Mayor has banned me from speaking again about the airfield in the pre-meeting public forum.

How's that for taking onboard the issues and dealing with them -- NOT!

It seems that her solution is to shoot the messenger because then it's easier to ignore the message.

Sigh... no wonder I got a text the other day from someone (who I don't know) who'd tried to contact the council over airfield related issues and, out of sheer frustration, contacted *me* for assistance:

"Just thought I'd let you know the results. Nine phone calls (one missed by me) 6 voice mail, 9 emails later" they got what they needed.

"I feel your pain if you have to deal with that on a daily basis".

We're doomed I tell ye!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to General News Discussion