Hmm... hypocrisy *again* ???

Discussions about anything in the news

Hmm... hypocrisy *again* ???

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:39 am

Our wonderful local council has made a video to encourage ratepayers to participate in the public consultation around "the long-term plan" for the district.

Yes, consultation is important and people should be encouraged to participate, I have no problem with that.

I attended a meeting yesterday in which I asked "how much did it cost to make that video?" to which a councilor replied "it cost nothing, staff did it".

My reply was "so we're not paying staff now?"

Naturally there was a short moment of stunned silence :-)

I then asked why council meetings weren't being livestreamed over the internet for the benefit of those who, due to work, school or other commitments, could not attend the actual meetings that are held on a Thursday morning at 9:30am.

Apparently it's too expensive to stream those videos -- but how can that be?

It costs *nothing* to make a video of the mayor and deputy mayor limelighting for the public but it's too expensive to use the same camera hooked up to YouTube to stream a meeting? Cue Tui's ad.

I have also filed an official information act request to find out who was flying the drone used to provide the aerial shots in the video. Many of the locations featured from the air are within 4Km of our airport and our hospital helipad and I am unaware of *any* council staff member who has the necessary accreditations to fly a drone in those areas under Civil Aviation regulations.

I will keep everyone informed as to the outcomes. Someone has to keep these people honest :-D

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4X7Olrsy9c
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Hmm... hypocrisy *again* ???

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:57 am

Oh dear, it seems that there has been some reaction to my probing for the facts.

Our beloved mayor has grasped on the fact that I suggested her deputy could have made more of an effort in his general appearance when featuring in that video (an iron and a comb spring to mind) and so she issued this tirade on facebook.

Oh... did I mention hypocrisy? How dare *I* make a personal comment but it's okay for her to go into full "character assassination" mode?

LOL

These people are so predictable and true to form.

Read and enjoy.
Attachments
jennyfacebook.jpg
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to General News Discussion