How's the lockdown going for you?

Discussions about anything in the news

How's the lockdown going for you?

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:51 am

I just returned from my weekly food shop, the second since lockdown.

OMG... talk about *expensive*!!

Just getting a few staples such as meat, milk, cheese, frozen veg and a bottle of Spanish wine (el-cheapo $9.99) cost me over $200.

WTF?

There was no fresh chicken, no mince, not even any frozen burger patties. This meant I had to buy a big bag of frozen chicken pieces ($26) so that kind of blew the budget a bit. As in the last lockdown, many of the shelves around the supermarket were bare, either looted by hoarders or simply not resupplied due to supply-line chain issues.

My favourite Cranberry juice (the only one that isn't just a sugary "cranberry-flavoured drink") was out of stock (again) and there were no firelighters (which isn't such a big deal since I ran out of firewood).

On the plus side, I did manage to get enough "protein+" low-fat, unsweetened natural Greek yogurt to last me another week.

As I look out my window I see that the local mowing contractor is still delivering his "essential service" to some of the houses nearby.

I hope things are as well with Aardvark readers, wherever you may be and whatever your state of lockdown.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: How's the lockdown going for you?

Postby phill » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:27 am

havnt been to the shops since lockdown started
still a bit more than a week to go before i need to go
gee im looking forward to it ...
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:50 pm

I just went down town to grab some prescription medication from the pharmacy and I see that although our butcher shops are closed (because fresh meat isn't "essential") the local SuperLiquor store is open and doing a thriving business.

Who the hell decides these things?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 pm

looks like i will be going during lvl 4
yummo
apparently because of warkworth
perhaps silly sindy thinks the auckland suburbs go to north cape
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Return to General News Discussion