Do as we say, not as we do - Canadian police drone crash

Discussions about anything in the news

Do as we say, not as we do - Canadian police drone crash

Postby dingram17 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:49 pm

Canadian cops pranged a drone. Into a C172 doing flight training. And what a surprise, the York Regional Police didn't make a song and dance aboot dangerous drone use, and in fact said nothing until Transport Canada released their report.
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20210 ... lane.shtml
dingram17

Re: Do as we say, not as we do - Canadian police drone crash

Postby phill » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:06 pm

i wouldn't be surprised if they really threw the book at themselves and maxed out everything
...... now that its out in the open
they can stop hiding the lemon and start making lemonade by setting precedents
i mean who really cares if one department shuffles money out of the consolidated account into another department and back into the consolidated account again
then use the substantial fines as justification and precedent to fine any other instances much more

im also interested that a cop drone ( presumption of something far larger than even your dj inspire ) hit the prop and it failed to end humanity like what i have been told it would
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:38 pm

This is the SECOND time in about a year that Canadian Police have flown a drone into a manned aircraft. Last time it was the RCMP who flew one of their own drones in to ONE OF THEIR OWN HELICOPTERS!

The heli had to do an emergency landing and the total damage bill came to about US$200K but the official report said "nothing to see here, move along"

Honestly... if it had been a "regular citizen" flying the drone either time they would be safely locked up for a very long time indeed.

But, as we know... two sets of rules, two sets of standards :-(
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:05 pm

yehh well
they can kill you if they have the wrong address
and that's ( probably ) deemed ... unlawful
but if you kill them because they have the wrong address thats ... murder .. and will attract the hardest punishment because they uphold the law

as regards the flight error
in canada its always bound to happen because of their orders
" quick .. hit button B ayye "
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Return to General News Discussion