Knee-jerk stupidity

Discussions about anything in the news

Knee-jerk stupidity

Postby aardvark_admin » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:54 pm

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/12628530 ... ror-attack

Seriously?

We must remove *all* risk from our lives?

We need to *balance* risk, not try to totally remove it. Will the supermarkets also be removing pressure-cookers from their shelves? (Boston bomber used those in a terror attack) Will they be eliminating fuel discounts on the checkout receipts? (wouldn't want to subsidise a terrorists fuel costs). What about clearing the shelves of drain cleaner, bleach, and other "household chemicals" that can be turned into an improvised explosive device with very little time and skill?

Let's not also remove bacon (people *have* choked on that), string (the stuff garottes are made from), aerosol cans (pressurised with the highly flammable butane gas), firelighters (obvious), eggs (explosive when placed in a microwave oven, having caused many nasty injuries in the past), etc, etc.

What *will* you be able to buy at your local Foodtown or Coundown? Just soft fluffy pillows -- oh no, people have been smothered to death with those too.

I wish people would get a grip and stop over-reacting to every little thing that happens. We (or at least people of my age) were bought up to be tougher than that!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Knee-jerk stupidity

Postby phill » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:29 pm

first they came for the knives and scissors and i said nothing .. i didn't run with them anymore

then they came for the canned goods and i said nothing i had enough rusty ones for bashing burglars

the frozen fish were next .. but i caught my own

concern was raised for the bottled goods so soon disappeared

sugar, rice and flour were heavy items .. they also followed

the population starved .. but we were happy knowing we were safe to do so
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Return to General News Discussion