Netflix Whys? (Netflopz?)

Discussions about anything in the news

Netflix Whys? (Netflopz?)

Postby Perry » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:15 pm

The first thing that annoys me intensely is that the day after I've watched a particular title, it pops up as something I'm recommended to watch. Doh?

Is Netflopz using playschool programmers?

Now, as a dim-bulb wannabe and very rarely programmer, the defect seems simple. It might go something like . . .

IF <customer_number> has watched <title_number=xxxxxx> then do not show <customer_number> <title_number=xxxxxx> under <category="all">. Or something close to that.

What am I missing?

Next gripe

Having watched a few minutes of some title, only to realise I've watched it before and so quit, how do I get rid of it from the "continue watching" category?
Perry

Re: Netflix Whys? (Netflopz?)

Postby phill » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:30 pm

my method for a different service is to use a mouse and set it just before the end then let it finish
( ,,,,,,,, ....... '''''' to too tu two A E I O U use em sparingly there's probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:07 am

Yes, the Netflix user-interface is incredibly annoying.

What I hate the most is when you've been watching a few episodes of a series and then, a while later, you try to "continue watching" only to have it throw you back to the first episode again. WTF?

It also doesn't take long to realise that there's really not a lot of stuff there. The same titles are repeated in four or five categories so as to make the library look *much* bigger than it really is.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:29 pm

phill wrote:my method for a different service is to use a mouse and set it just before the end then let it finish

So a user-workaround is needed because of the inept programming?
Perry

Postby phill » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:33 pm

i have noticed a few online places have ' settled ' for programs that have easy fixes to problems but just havnt bothered doing them

we may have reached millennial programming
( ,,,,,,,, ....... '''''' to too tu two A E I O U use em sparingly there's probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Return to General News Discussion