Give me a break!

Discussions about anything in the news

Give me a break!

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:19 am

From this story: https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/465 ... riend-says

It was only late yesterday afternoon that the police revealed Price didn't have a gun, but was trying to hijack vehicles from people after ramming a police car with his car.

A family friend, Stacey O'Carroll, said this was not a strong enough justification to shoot and ultimately kill him.

"Why such a drastic measure? He's only a kid. Being unarmed ... holy hell man, that's just wrong. You shouldn't be able to shoot someone who's unarmed. That is crazy man. I can't believe it," O'Carroll said.

Seriously? "he's only a kid" -- WRONG. He was a 22 year old MAN!

How out of touch with reality are those who would defend this guy's actions and the police's response?

If he didn't want to get shot he shouldn't have been out there breaking the law, threatening and endangering the lives of other people.

Imagine if the police had tried to use other means of stopping him and failed -- only for him to drive off in a stolen car and collide with a school-bus or young familly in their car. Would Stacey O'Carroll have been first to apologise to the families of those who may have been killed by this guy in that case?

No, I'm sorry but if you don't want to risk being shot -- don't be a thug, a thief and a threat to public safety!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Give me a break!

Postby phill » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:14 am

cannot agree with you on this one
tasered .. probably
shot with a firearm when he was posing no direct threat to anyone N F W
no doubt it will be deemed a reasonable response by the police protection squad or at worst slightly unlawful
but that level of force is unjustified in that situation
( ,,,,,,,, ....... '''''' to too tu two A E I O U use em sparingly there's probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:22 am

We don't know how far away he was from the police and/or if they could get close enough to use a taser.

I'm pretty hard-nosed about this... if you break the law this blatantly -- don't go all cry-baby when you get hurt (or worse).
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:42 pm

nahh
they are gutless enough cowards already
give them more slack and they will be shooting for any reason their millennial entitled sensitivities can dream up

if he is unarmed and to far away to use a taser .. then he is to far away to be a danger if he is breaking into a car to steal it and doesn't stop when you tell him to
this isn't texas
this is nz
you are paid to arrest him

there is a world of difference ( both in outcome and attitude ) between hurting and executing a wrongdoer
if no one is in immanent danger ... it's an execution
( ,,,,,,,, ....... '''''' to too tu two A E I O U use em sparingly there's probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:03 pm

I would argue that people were in immanent danger -- he'd already used a vehicle as a weapon by ramming a police car and he was about to carjack another vehicle so the odds are he'd also use that vehicle as a weapon. The reality is that when it comes to kinetic energy and the potential to kill, a speeding vehicle is far more dangerous than a loaded firearm.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:10 pm

And easier to aim?!
Perry

Postby phill » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:49 pm

even the longest stretch could not work that into immanent

and the car he rammed had no one in it

it was an execution

phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:18 pm

I would say it was more of a suicide.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:24 pm

How long a stretch is it to call a 22-year-old a kid, Phill?
Perry

Postby phill » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:42 pm

you can mist over the details if you like
but the bottom line remains unchanged
he was executed

phill

Next

Return to General News Discussion