When will we say "enough!"

Discussions about anything in the news

When will we say "enough!"

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:01 pm

More revelations as to the extent that our right to privacy has been destroyed by governments who are operating in a very clandestine manner, almost certainly without the mandate of the people who they are supposed to be serving:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digit ... pying.html
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: When will we say "enough!"

Postby Screw » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Why so surprised Bruce? The gubbies don't "Serve" us, just their masters. (hint - ain't us!)
Screw

Postby goosemoose » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:11 pm

It's certainly a sign of the times though. I wouldn't worry too much about it spys live in la-la land. I think most terrorists or criminals will now be using other methods for communication. I know if I was planning an 'event', perhaps 'disappearing' a certain corrupt politician, I wouldn't be planning the 'event' by non encrypted Twitter.
goosemoose

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:46 pm

And that Goosey, is all the more reason why this spying on *regular* (previously innocent until proven guilty) folk is more abhorrent.

Using the excuse of "national security" whilst fully aware that the real threats are far to clever to use "open" communications betrays the real motives behind this stuff.

Sometimes I despair at what the world has become, especially in contrast with what it could have been, given the benefits that all this technology is able to deliver.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to General News Discussion