Just Curious As to What You Folks Think...

Discussions about anything in the news

Just Curious As to What You Folks Think...

Postby Sam I Am » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Read this today.

As for me, I have mixed feelings.

We have to have balance in this system of ours and not mess it up to make it unlivable, but we have to support ourselves too.

My main gripe is that the lion's share of the proceeds go to such a small minority of people most of the time.

http://news.yahoo.com/zealand-may-kick- ... 0APtTQtDMD

Sincerely,

Sam
Sam I Am

Re: Just Curious As to What You Folks Think...

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:33 pm

This country gives away its wealth far too easily.

The politicians will tell us "it will create jobs and valuable new income for NZers" but in reality, such a tiny percentage of the true wealth created remains in NZ or benefits its people in any way.

NZ's Mineral wealth is something that will only become more valuable as other sources of these elements are exploited and consumed so I don't see that there's any hurry to give away such a valuable resource.

But hey, if we can sell crucial components of our very infrastructure (such as power companies) to the highest international bidder I can't see commonsense prevailing here any time soon.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Sam I Am » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Tend to strongly agree with you AA. Not to mention that NZ would be trading these 'real life' commodities, resources and valuable metals for worthless fiat paper. Paper which in the very near term in subject to a pretty harsh downward spiral in value.

I would tend to think that your metals, and resources would have a much better chance of appreciating over the next 20 years than the paper, or the electronic 1, and 0's that NZ is going to receive in return for your natural resources.

Sure hope the powers that be in NZ don't fall for that scam

Best to you!

Sam
Sam I Am

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:15 pm

The powers that be will do what ever is best for the individuals who comprise "the powers that be".

In politics, it's all about "number one" these days. The best interests of the citizens of the nation come a very distant second.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to General News Discussion