It is worse than I predicted (11 May, 2022)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Re: It is worse than I predicted (11 May, 2022)

Postby Perry » Wed May 11, 2022 4:16 pm

Bruce wrote:Fortunately she is not standing for re-election this year. For that we should be happy!

Well, let's hope you don't end up with someone worse.
Is that possible?

The devil you know . . . and all that.
Perry

Postby Perry » Wed May 11, 2022 4:28 pm

As for all the e-mail address and URL syntax cock-ups, what more can one expect from a clown circus that's a non-competitive, statute-backed, regulatory-function monopoly, with captive payees and Draconian enforcement powers?

Failed at most everything else in life? Right! Then . . .

A local or national government appointment beckons.

Just get elected! (Not hard. A few billboards should do it.)
Perry

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri May 13, 2022 3:34 pm

The Mayor has responded to my criticisms of the effectiveness of the marketing campaign and my wondering why my offers of help have never been accepted:

As Mayor I utterly refute all the points you have made. Council employs highly qualified and experienced staff who execute a wide-ranging programme of works for the betterment of our community. The Economic Development Team, led by Mr Bowden, includes responsibility for marketing the district to attract investors, new residents, and visitors.

Council has previously rejected your offers of support as they do not meet our expectations of quality and professionalism. It is a sad fact that many people believe they can do a better job than the staff employed by council, to them I suggest they either apply for positions at Council, when they are advertised, or put themselves forward to stand for election.

It perhaps now becomes clear why this district is not realising its full potential. A Mayor that thinks a promotional compaign that produces a public engagement rate of less than one per day (from a population pool of 25,500) is something to be proud of speaks volumes to her objectivity and judgement IMHO.

It is also telling that although millions of people around the world hold my work in high regard for its quality and professionalism, it apparently does not meet the high standards of a council that can't even get its own email address right.

Sigh... do you see what we have to put up with here????

But of course, she knows what she's doing and operates to very high standards: https://i.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/new ... -detractor
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Fri May 13, 2022 7:28 pm

I have long feared for the way the world and NZ is sliding in to a cesspit of stupidity. Sentiments I recall being echoed by many contributors, on this forum, over quite some time, too.

This whole charade of "harm" is just another example of that asinine aspect of the slow decay of so-called "western" civilisation. Seems no one's heard of the old "sticks and stones" axiom. I await the day when a weather guess caster is castigated and pilloried for supposed racism when mentioning some dark clouds on the horizon.

Could "s/he looked at me" be construed as a harmful exchange of lines-of-sight?

More work is needed to ensure online safety after a harmful exchange between a Waikato mayor and a constituent, says the Minister of Internal Affairs. The incident occurred last weekend on a private Tokoroa community Facebook page after an announcement of South Waikato mayor Jenny Shattock’s retirement was made.

Under the post, a constituent commented: “Good she doesn’t know shit anyway lol.” Shattock, who will retire later this year, replied in a now-deleted message thread: “What a nasty piece of trash.”

For goodness sake, grow up and toughen up! You bunch of wusses!

Stop the world! I want to get off!
Perry

Previous

Return to Today's column