SIS told to apologise to Hager

Discussions about anything in the news

Re: SIS told to apologise to Hager

Postby Necrotic Kingdom » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:59 pm

phill wrote:age / written test / verbal test /eyesight test / practical test all are required to pass the test and obtain a licence
Yes, and I notice that you quite rightly listed age first. Someone below the age of 16 does not have the legal right to drive under the Land Transport (Driver Licensing) Rule 1999, regardless of their results on the other tests you listed. Is this inequality or just common sense?
phill wrote:outcome is thinly disguised prejudice of one form or another
Yes, I agree with you on that. But my point was that both sides of that argument use "equality" to justify their opposing views. And I would suggest that a word that can be happily used by opposite sides is not a word to be trusted on its own.

Now I see NZ authorities in general and the SIS in particular as just acting out our own version of the infamous Stanford prison experiment. I think they need to be reigned in and kept on a very short leash. I don't trust the word "equality" to do that on its own. I would like the SIS to have a very detailed list of what they can and can't do, and the consequences of breaking those rules clearly spelled out in advance, with none of this "we apologise if our actions were unlawful" bollocks.
Necrotic Kingdom

Postby phill » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:10 pm

you will understand why i x ed that site then
there is a lot of thinly disguised "equality of outcome "clauses in that document

or to put it
i didnt disagree with the premiss
i disagreed with that particular proposal
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby Malcolm » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:08 am

aardvark_admin wrote:
Necrotic Kingdom wrote:We need a Democracy Reset

"Women's rights... Ethnic rights..."

Hang on, how about *EQUAL RIGHTS* for everyone regardless of gender and race?

Yes, but often we need to spell it out for each individual situation or else some people don't realise that women or dark skinned people also have rights.
Malcolm

Previous

Return to General News Discussion