How can this be????

Discussions about anything in the news

How can this be????

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:17 pm

From this story: https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/12 ... -gang-bust
They have recovered 28 fire arms, including AK47, AR15, a number of shotguns and pistols and a homemade bomb

How can these guys have AK47s and AR15s when recent law changes banned them in order to make us all safer?

Are we to believe that this law change didn't work and all we've done is disarm the law-abiding people who were never going to be an issue?

Hmmm... and didn't I read that the reason these laws were changed was because the POLICE failed to do their job properly in vetting the guy who shot up the mosque when he applied for a gun license?

So the innocent must pay again for the crimes of the incompetent and the guilty.

Situation normal I guess -- but now that they've arrested the Mongols, where am I going to get my drugs??? :lol:
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: How can this be????

Postby phill » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:42 pm

i would suggest those were 'stock' photo's

there was no mention of ( i think ) a Schmeisser mp40 9mm smg
that would likely make for a certain mention .. although as both a weapon and because of problems obtaining ammo it's worth little

if they ever thought that stopping people legally owning firearms would do much to stopping criminals having them
they are living on planet dream land
those laws mostly were / are very trumpish .. deflect, lie, deny
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:03 pm

And then we have the sad incident of the policeman who was killed in the line of duty this week. He was shot at multiple times... which kind of points to the offender having one of those banned semi-auto rifles... right?

I'm still having trouble understanding why anyone things that law-breakers are going to comply with new gun regulations. Are people (ie: politicians and bureaucrats) really that stupid?

What am I saying... of course they are.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:08 pm

The NZH reports that "six Molotov cocktails" were also siezed during the raids.

Excluse me? Did they actually find six bottles filled with flammable liquids and with rags hanging out the top? Seriously?

Nobody leaves a bottle filled with flamable (and therefore volatile) liquid laying around ready to light and throw by way of a rag in the neck. Such things are only filled or "ragged" immediately before use otherwise the liquid dries out very quickly due to the capilary action of the rag and the volatility of the fluid.

Perhaps they found six bottles of Vodka and and old teeshirt that *could* have been ripped up then pushed into the neck of the Vodka bottles after they were opened. Yes... that would definitely be a Molotov cocktail -- or just some booze and a teeshirt :-/
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to General News Discussion