I apologise (30 Jun, 2020)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Re: I apologise (30 Jun, 2020)

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 am

hagfish wrote:I think the bare minimum being asked of me - as a Pakeha - is to acknowledge my whiteness.

Is it any individual's fault that they are white?

Race is an accident of birth, not something we can choose and just because one white bastard kills a black man by kneeling on his neck does not in any way make me culpable for that crime any more than Mother Theresa's selfless dedication towards helping the poor makes me a good person.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby hagfish » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:07 am

aardvark_admin wrote:
hagfish wrote:I think the bare minimum being asked of me - as a Pakeha - is to acknowledge my whiteness.

Race is an accident of birth, not something we can choose and just because one white bastard kills a black man by kneeling on his neck does not in any way make me culpable for that crime any more than Mother Theresa's selfless dedication towards helping the poor makes me a good person.

It's not about rending my garments and self-flagellation, it's a simple case of 'othering' myself (if you'll excuse a woke-ism) and examining assumptions like 'I'm a regular Kiwi', and 'most people are like me'. I'm a particular kind of Kiwi, and certainly not the default kind.
hagfish

Postby Muz » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:41 pm

hagfish wrote:
aardvark_admin wrote:

It's not about rending my garments and self-flagellation, it's a simple case of 'othering' myself (if you'll excuse a woke-ism) and examining assumptions like 'I'm a regular Kiwi', and 'most people are like me'. I'm a particular kind of Kiwi, and certainly not the default kind.

What's a default kind of Kiwi? The kind of Kiwi, who regardless of background or ethnicity, lives and works with others of differing upbringing and just gets on as a productive society? NZ is made up of a whole blend of cultures, none of which have been perfect, and together we create a society that is known as Kiwi.

Fook calling me a Pakeha (I find it very offensive), fook calling me "of european origins". I am a Kiwi and nothing else. Any crimes that have been carried out by anybody that is not my immediate family is out of my control and therefore I don't have to apologise for any of it.

The whole BLM saga started off with the right intentions but quickly got hijacked by those who have agendas and this suits there purpose. So, point made guys and girls, now lets just clean up our act, be more aware of our actions and get on with our lives and while we're at it lets clean up the planet.
Muz

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:44 pm

Muz wrote:[What's a default kind of Kiwi? The kind of Kiwi, who regardless of background or ethnicity, lives and works with others of differing upbringing and just gets on as a productive society? NZ is made up of a whole blend of cultures, none of which have been perfect, and together we create a society that is known as Kiwi.

Fook calling me a Pakeha (I find it very offensive), fook calling me "of european origins". I am a Kiwi and nothing else. Any crimes that have been carried out by anybody that is not my immediate family is out of my control and therefore I don't have to apologise for any of it.

The whole BLM saga started off with the right intentions but quickly got hijacked by those who have agendas and this suits there purpose. So, point made guys and girls, now lets just clean up our act, be more aware of our actions and get on with our lives and while we're at it lets clean up the planet.

^---- What he said!!!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby pctek » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:24 pm

"Am I taking the piss? You bet I am.Am I racist, sexist or in any way phobic towards any of the groups I've just spoken of? "

Then why take the piss?
Humans are racist, sexist, ageist, whatever.
Always have been. Why do we have "nations"? Why split the world into groups?
Why must it even be a discussion? Anyone see dogs grouping themselves according to the floppy ear crown or the long fur group or the short legs pack?
Nope they think they're all the same.

But not people.

Ad they feel the need to make smart remarks because some minorities, treated badly for ages, have complained a lot latel.

I can sit here and let them without commenting...but you must be an idiot about it.
Says it all.....
pctek

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:45 am

I comment because I find it disturbing that any kind of racially-based prejudice, discrimination or preference exists -- whether it's pro-white, pro-black, anti-white or anti-black. It is also disturbing to see that the BLM movement seems to have been hijacked by some who are more interested in creating civil unrest and creating divisions along racial lines than on achieving the original goal of creating equity.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Today's column